What are webhooks?
A webhook is a way for one website to send information to another website automatically. Think of it like a "phone call" between two websites. One website "calls" the other website by sending a message, and the other website "answers" by receiving the message and doing something with the information it contains. This allows one website to "talk" to another website and perform tasks automatically.
How to send data from Usetiful to other app using a webhook?
Usetiful supports to call other applications via webhooks and send selected data stored in Usetiful tags or collected while using the tour.
To set up a webhook call within your product tour, follow these steps:
- Add a step of the "Trigger event" to your product tour.
- Modify the trigger type to "Send data to webhook".
- Specify the webhook URL and the data you intended to send.
When this step is reached in the tour, Usetiful immediately sends the entered data to the given webhook URL.
In addition to the above, Usetiful supports advanced settings to configure requests:
- Type of request: You can choose between Post and Get requests.
- Parameters for URL: You can include additional parameters in the URL such as port, username, and password, to enhance the configurability of your webhook.
- Parameters for Request Headers: You can include unlimited pairs of key-value parameters in the request headers.
With enabling advanced settings, you can easily customize your webhook requests to fit your integration needs.